Centrica srl (“Centrica”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience using our channels. Centrica respects the privacy of our clients and users of our website located at www.centrica.it and www.artcentrica.com (the “websites”), the ArtCentrica web application (“web app”) and the services that we provide.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our DPO at:
via fra’ Giovanni Angelico 3A rosso
50121 Florence, Italy
Att: Data Protection Officer
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +39 055 2466802
According to European Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR), the User can, according to the methods and within the limits established by current legislation, exercise the following rights:
- object in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning him for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or commercial communication;
- request confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him (right of access);
- know its origin;
- receive intelligible communication;
- have information about the logic, methods and purposes of the processing;
- request the updating, rectification, integration, cancellation, transformation into anonymous form, blocking of data processed in violation of the law, including those no longer necessary for the pursuit of the purposes for which they were collected;
- in cases of consent-based processing, receive only the cost of any support, its data provided to the owner, in a structured and readable form by a data processor and in a format commonly used by an electronic device;
- exercise all the rights that are recognized by the current provisions of the law.
Without prejudice to any other administrative and judicial appeal, if you believe that the processing of your data violates the provisions of EU Reg. 2016/679, pursuant to art. 15 letter f) of EU Reg. 2016/679, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data (Supervisory Authority www.garanteprivacy.it), in the person of Pasquale Stanzione (in office since July 2020) , at the headquarters in Piazza Venezia 11, IT-00187, Rome (email: Protocol@gpdp.it, PEC: Protocol@pec.gpdp.it, switchboard +39 06.696771.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While visiting our website, we might ask you to provide us with “Personal Information” that allows us to identify you or get in contact with you. Personal Information include email address, name and surname (name and surname only for ArtCentrica blog section). We will always tell you before we collect any Personal Information and inform you of the purpose of the collection.
Personal Information include:
- Registration of an account (for blog section on ArtCentrica website);
- Use of certain features of our website;
- Requesting for support;
- Responding to your request or inquiry;
- Subscribing to our newsletter.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not change the way your Personal Information is used without your consent. Here’s some of the ways in which we may use your Personal Information:
- To respond at your possible request;
- To bring you more relevant content;
- To keep you up to date on the latest announcements, website and/or application updates, events and more;
- To provide you support and assistance for our products and services;
- To contact you;
- To collect feedback on our website, products and services;
- To make marketing and/or promotional activities;
- To make surveys in order to provide better experience on our website and application to our customers;
- To make more personalized newsletter according to your interests;
- To allow you to share information with other individuals, like friends, family members and co-workers.
Centrica does not store the personal information of the third party.
Agreement to receive newsletters via Mailchimp
ArtCentrica uses Mailchimp to send newsletters. Mailchimp is an email marketing software from the US company Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE # 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
You can subscribe to our newsletter directly from our website: www.arcentrica.com, by entering only your e-mail address. In order for our communications to be in line with the rules of the GDPR, after entering the e-mail address in the appropriate form, you will receive an email from our DPO (email@example.com) in which you will be asked to confirm the ‘Subscribe to the newsletter. Subsequently, you can freely choose whether to update your preferences through Mailchimp’s GDPR Marketing Preferences form.
For further information on the GDPR management by Mailchimp see the link: //bit.ly/3IzD9ED.
The email addresses of the recipients of our newsletter will be saved on Mailchimp’s servers in the USA. Mailchimp uses this information to send and evaluate newsletters on our account. Furthermore, Mailchimp can use this data to optimize or improve its services, eg. for the technical optimization of the sending and display of the newsletter or for economic purposes.
Mailchimp does not use the data provided by our newsletter recipients to write to them personally, nor does it sell this information to third parties. Mailchimp is certified under the “Privacy Shield” for US-EU data protection and through this is legally obliged to comply with EU privacy laws.
Content of the newsletter
Only after obtaining the recipient’s consent or through legal authorization do we send newsletters, e-mails and other forms of electronic notifications with promotional information. Our newsletters contain information about ArtCentrica news, product’s developments, events, projects, news.
Double Opt-in and protocol
Registration for the newsletter takes place through a so-called “double opt in” process, whereby you will receive an e-mail after registering on our website, which asks you to confirm (usually by clicking on a link) that you have subscribed.
Subscriptions to the newsletter will be recorded in order to verify that the subscription meets the legal requirements. This includes the time of registration and confirmation of registration, as well as the IP address.
Statistical survey and analysis
The newsletter contains a so-called “Web Beacon”, a small file, which sends information to the Mailchimp server when the newsletter is opened. This information includes, inter alia, technical information, the IP address and the time at which the e-mail is opened. This information is used to improve services and also to statistically analyze data, eg. target groups and their reading behavior. Another example of analytics is knowing which users opened the email along with which links they clicked within the email. While each recipient can be analyzed in this way, it is neither ArtCentrica’s nor Mailchimp’s intention to observe each recipient individually.
Mailchimp Website / Data Management
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe from this list” item at the bottom of each newsletter, or by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website or app might automatically collect anonymous information about you when you use our services.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files that a website may ask you to save on your browser when you visit the site, and which can be reread when you visit a subsequent page.
Cookies are a system developed to meet the need to simplify your navigation, allowing the site to remember your choices and also propose them in subsequent navigation sections, but which can also be used in order to obtain information about the pages from you. you visit and the activities you perform.
This information, where collected, is mainly used for two purposes: to understand your interests in order to improve the content and services offered by the website and to show you advertisements in line with your probable interests. In other words, they are useful for Web Marketing purposes.
Cookies used by Centrica
For these cookies no consent is required:
- Analysis Cookies, used directly by the site operator to collect information on the number of users and how they visit the site.
These cookies, as they track non-anonymous data, require consent:
- Profiling and Marketing Cookies, used exclusively by third parties, other than Centrica S.r.l., to collect information on the behavior of users while browsing, and on interests and consumption habits.
Consent is required for these cookies.
Cookies for which express consent is required are disabled until your express acceptance.
Third party cookies
Our websites use and allow the use of third-party cookies (such as buttons for social networks), used to provide additional services and features to visitors and to simplify the use of the sites themselves, or to provide personalized advertising.
Our sites have no control over cookies entirely managed by third parties and do not have access to the information collected through these cookies.
Information on the use of these cookies and their purposes, as well as on how to disable them, are provided directly by third parties on the pages indicated below.
It is recalled that generally the tracking of users does not involve their identification, unless the user is already registered for the service and is not already logged in, in which case it is understood that the user has already expressed his consent directly to the third party when registering for the relevant service (eg Facebook).
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer and which allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies about the use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. However, with the full application of the European regulation for the protection of personal data (GDPR), Google has modified its services in order to comply with the legislation. The data controller is no longer Google Inc. but Google Ireland Limited, established in Ireland (headquarters: Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland). This change is to meet European users and to avoid all problems related to the transfer of data outside the EEA.
To comply with the GDPR, the company undertakes to protect the IP addresses of users by activating the anonymous functionality, through the “_anonymizeIp ()” extension. The anonymous IP function is activated through the Google Tag Manager tool.
When IP anonymization has been activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened in advance by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there only as an exception. Google will use this information for the purpose of examining your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services to website operators relating to website activity and the use of Internet.
Google will not associate the IP address transmitted in Google Analytics by your browser with other data held by Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, we would like to inform you in this case that you may not be able to fully enjoy all the features of this website. You can also prevent Google from registering the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website or to the processing of this data, by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in available through the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it). The user can select to quickly disable (opt-out) the collection of data by Google Analytics by installing the appropriate component provided by Google (opt-out cookie) on their browser.
The raw and anonymized data of Google Analytics are not associated with those of individual users, but are used for statistical purposes to give information on how visitors use the website.
Google Maps is a map viewing service managed by Google Inc. that allows this application to integrate such content within its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Place of processing: USA
Our sites also incorporate plugins and / or buttons in order to allow easy sharing of content on some social networks.
When you visit a page of our websites that contains a plugin, your browser connects directly to the servers of the social network from which the plugin is loaded, which server can track your visit to our website and, if necessary, associate it to your social media account, in particular if you are logged in at the time of the visit or if you have recently surfed on one of the websites containing social plugins.
If you do not want the social network to record the data relating to your visit to our website, you must log out of your social network account and, probably, delete the cookies that the social network has installed in your browser.
Our sites have installed plugins with advanced privacy protection functions for users, which do not send cookies or access the cookies on the user’s browser when the page is opened but only after clicking on the plugin.
BLOCK OR CLEAR COOKIES
You can allow, block or clear the cookies installed on your device through the configuration of the browser options installed on your computer.
For more information about Chrome, click this link.
For more information about Safari, click this link.
For more information about Firefox, click this link.
For more information about Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge , click this link.
COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER INFORMATION / NON-PERSONAL/ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTION
In some instances, Centrica website may collect non-personal data. The aggregated anonymous information is also used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website. Centrica’s statistical data and analytics services and analytics contain no Personal Information.
Some of the uses of the anonymous information we collect are:
- To provide you a personalized experience;
- To provide a custom content experience to our end users;
- Allow to share content from the website through a third party social network;
- Security of our services;
- Prevent copyright issues;
- Provide location based content to our app end users;
- For internal operations.
We might use third party services such as Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics to help us collect and analyze this aggregated information.
CONSULTING, MODIFYING AND DELETING DATA
If you would like to consult your data, modify it, or remove some data that you cannot change yourself through our website or mobile app, you may do so by sending a registered letter to:
DPO c/o Centrica srl
Via fra’ Giovanni Angelico, 3A rosso
50121 Florence Italy.
Please indicate your full contact details, ID and the name of the file your query refers to.
WHILE WE ARE IN POSSESSION OF OR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. If we are legally obligated to keep the information or if it is impossible or unproportionate, we won’t delete it but we will only keep it for as long as it is needed and we have time limits on our data systems.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to have a computer make decisions about you directly (this doesn’t include general marketing based on your age or gender).
- Right to judicial review – if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
One thing to bear in mind before contacting us. Our site and application may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us. It could as an example be social media platforms/services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites, so if you have questions regarding such sites, you need to contact the site directly. We also really encourage you to be aware and read the privacy policies of other sites because they may very easily be collecting, storing, using and sharing your personal information.
WHENEVER WE COLLECT CUSTOMER DATA, WE MAKE SURE
- We ask for permission to collect the data;
- We only use the data for the agreed reason and for the time it’s needed;
- We will at a minimum meet the local data protection laws in the country where we provide you with a service via our website or our applications;
- We keep data that we’re legally required to have on record;
- We explain why we need the data and how we’ll use it (unless we have legitimate reason not to);
- We check and update privacy information on a regular basis (we might also cross-check the data against other database to make sure it’s correct);
- We don’t share data with anyone unless we have a legal or legitimate reason, or we have permission from you.
WHY WE NEED TO PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
WE NEED TO PROCESS PERSONAL CUSTOMER DATA, SO THAT:
- Users are able to register for any accounts and services they want to use;
- Users can use the ArtCentrica Learning experiences;
- We can send users any information they’ve asked us for or answer their questions;
- We can ask users to give us feedback on our services through questionnaires and surveys;
- We can provide our users with relevant marketing information about our products.
HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
When you visit our website, we use technology such as cookies, to process your personal data.
Be mindful that if you do enable a prevent cookies functionality on your device, some of our services and functionalities on the site will no longer work.
We also collect information from other trusted sources, so we can update or add to the personal information we’ve collected ourselves.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We’ll keep your personal information as long as your account is active or as long as it’s needed to provide our products and services. We have so called retention policies for each of the categories of personal information that we process.
If you’d like to cancel your account or for us to delete your data, we’ll only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you created a user account, all the personal information submitted will be deleted. Please, note that we maintain the data collected anonymously about your usage of the ArtCentrica website.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may share your Personal Information within Centrica or any of our worldwide related companies for purposes of data processing or storage.
We will ask for your consent before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this policy. In order to let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Centrica is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us and we try to implement and maintain appropriate and good security procedures and practices acceptable to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from loss or any form of unlawful use. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
When we transfer sensitive personal data over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, please be aware no method of sharing or storing data on the internet is 100% safe. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the Personal information you transmit and you should use our Services and give us your information at your own risk.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Centrica will not retain your Personal Information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Our websites may provide links to other third-party websites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit.
If you participate in a ArtCentrica blog discussion or review or opinion of any kind, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside ArtCentrica, who have access to that discussion. Each participant’s opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Centrica.
We want to make sure we at a minimum use the standards of data privacy and security that follows from the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) when we collect, store, use or share your personal data. These rules are set by European data authorities across the European Union (EU) and set some of the highest standards in the world on data collection, storage, use and sharing.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
If you have any privacy-related questions or comments, please send an email to email@example.com.